There are approximately 2 million traumatic brain injuries a year in the United States. That’s 1 every 15 seconds! Of these injuries, about 500,000 will require hospital admission. Also, in a given year, someone will become permanently disabled due to a head/brain injury every 5 minutes.
Those fortunate enough to survive these injuries often experience lifelong disabilities, with some living in a persistent vegetative state. Survivors of serious brain injuries face at least 5-10 years of intensive services and rehabilitation. The cost of a severe brain injury often exceeds 4 million dollars in medical treatments. Whereas 2/3 of all survivors will live a normal life expectancy, they’re condition often requires long-term treatment such as vocational rehabilitation and/or physical therapy.
Brain injuries range from mild concussions to severe brain damage resulting in seizures, disability, coma, and death. Brain injury claims 50,000 American lives annually, making it the leading killer of people under the age of 34. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is commonly caused by a sudden and violent blow to the head. However, a person does not necessarily have to strike his/her head to sustain traumatic brain injury (e.g., whiplash, shaken baby syndrome). The leading causes of brain injuries are as follows:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (51%)
- Slips and Falls (31%)
- Sports and Recreation (12%)
- Other (6%)
We thoroughly investigate the cause of the accident and determine who may be liable for damages. We evaluate all means of liability in order to maximize the recovery our client receives. We work with medical professionals, life care planning specialists and other experts to document the extent of the head injury and determine the short-term as well as long-term needs of the individual. We use financial experts to express the economic value of a case based on all of the information gathered. Here is why you should call us:
- Freeburn & Hamilton will deal with the insurance companies so that you can concentrate on recovering from your brain injury.
- Call now. Evidence fades, conditions change and witnesses disappear. Freeburn & Hamilton will immediately assign an experienced team of attorneys, paralegals and an in-house investigator to your case.
- Freeburn & Hamilton has the knowledge, experience and resources to handle serious injury and death cases. We have handled numerous cases involving death, quadriplegia, paralysis, amputation, brain, neck, back, shoulder, knee, wrist, hand injuries and scars. We have recovered millions for our clients since 1982.
- FREE CONSULTATION! The call is ABSOLUTELY FREE.
- NO RECOVERY/NO FEE. You pay ABSOLUTELY NO FEE unless we recover money for you!
- WE MAKE HOUSECALLS! An attorney from Freeburn & Hamilton will come to your Pennsylvania home or meet you in the hospital. We will also meet in the evenings or on weekends.