For the holiday gift shopping season, attorney Dick Freeburn of Freeburn Hamilton recently met with the hosts of Good Day PA on ABC 27’s Good Day PA to discuss a new crop of dangerous toys and games with the potential to harm our children. A video clip of the segment appears below.
Toys to Avoid
Every year around the holidays, World Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc. (WATCH) releases a list of the year’s worst toys. The non-profit consumer-safety organization lists toys they consider dangerous for children in an attempt to educate the public and protect children from harm.
This year’s WATCH list identifies the following toys as potentially dangerous:
- Nickelodeon Nella the Princess Knight Pillow Pets Sleeptime Lites: This nightlight is not for use in a crib, as accessories present an ingestion hazard. In addition, the manufacturer identifies a “battery acid leakage” hazard.
- Marvel Black Panther Slash Claw: Aimed at children as young as five years of age, the product’s rigid plastic claws pose risks for eye and facial injuries. The packaging advises against swinging at or hitting people.
- Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket: Marketed to children six years of age and older, the product features rockets that can launch up to 200 feet. Warnings on the package indicate the potential risk for eye and facial injuries.
- Kid O Toys Cutting Fruit: Marketed to children as young as two years of age, the product features magnetic fruit and a hard plastic “knife” that could cause puncture wounds or other blunt-trauma injuries to young children.
- VTech Zoo Jamz Xylophone: Aimed at children as young as 18 months of age, the product features a nine-inch-long drumstick which presents a potential choking hazard. The packaging features no warnings regarding this danger.
We Can Help
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured, call the experienced Personal Injury Attorneys at Freeburn Hamilton for your free consultation.
When you call, you’ll speak with a leading Harrisburg personal injury lawyer for FREE. Freeburn Hamilton will fight hard to seek the justice and the compensation you deserve. Just call the 7’s for help at 717-777-7777 or 570-777-7777. There is no attorney’s fee due up front—and we only get paid after you do.
Freeburn Hamilton, Just Call the 7’s—Because the Right Law Firm Makes a Real Difference.