Do I Have To Go To The Company Doctor For My Work Injury?
Freeburn Fights for Injured Workers!
Do I Have To Go To The Company Doctor For My Work Injury? No, you can choose your own doctor for your work injury unless your employer has done all of the following things:
- Accepts your Workers’ Compensation claim
- Has posted a list of at least six health care professionals at your place of employment
- Provided you with written notice that you are required to treat with a health care provider on the list is required
- Have you sign an acknowledgment of that list at the time you were hired
- Have you sign an acknowledgment of that list again at the time of your injury
If your employer does all those things, you are required to treat with someone on the list.
In addition, you are required to treat with someone on the list for 90 days after your initial visit. However, you can use anyone on the list; your employer can’t force you to use a particular health provider on the list. After 90 days, you can treat with any health care professional you choose.
If your employer does NOT do all those things, the workers’ compensation insurance company is supposed to pay for all reasonable necessary and work-related treatment you get from the doctor you choose. However, Workers’ Compensation carriers can refuse to pay bills on the grounds that the treatment wasn’t (1) reasonable, (2) necessary, or (3) work related.
- Can the Workers’ Compensation carrier refuse to pay my medical bills even if my employer failed to do all the things they were supposed to?
- Is my employer or workers’ compensation carrier entitled to get reports on my care and progress from my healthcare professional?
- If a listed doctor prescribes an invasive surgery, am I entitled to a second opinion?
- Is the workers’ compensation insurance carrier allowed to have me examined by their doctor, and if so, how often?
- Am I required to allow a nurse hired by the workers’ compensation carrier to come to all of my appointments?
The Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist Attorneys at Freeburn & Law can answer all of your Workers’ Compensation questions. Call NOW for a FREE consultation!
We Are PBA certified workers’ compensation law specialists
After you or a family member have been injured in a work-related accident, it is important to hire a PBA Certified Workers’ Compensation Law Specialist from Freeburn Law. Our attorneys know what it takes to get you the Workers’ Compensation you deserve.
The physical and emotional pain associated with a work accident is challenging enough, let alone the confusion you may have surrounding filing an insurance claim.
We are PA Workers’ Compensation Attorney team who represent people injured at work. Freeburn Law has several offices throughout Central Pennsylvania to better serve our clients. We have offices in Harrisburg, York, Lewistown, Lancaster, Selinsgrove, Camp Hill, Huntingdon, Lebanon & Gettysburg.
And, if you can’t come to us, we will come to your home, or meet you in the hospital. We are available 24/7 – evenings and/or weekends. Freeburn Law can help you get the legal help you need.
Since being admitted to practice law in 1979, our firm’s founding attorney Dick Freeburn has dedicated himself to helping injured people recover just compensation for their injuries. Our firm continues to do all it can do when trying to solve the legal problems of people who have been seriously injured or killed at work.
Every case is so important to us that if there is no recovery there is no fee charged to you. To sit down and speak to one of our lawyers about your case, schedule a free consultation with us today.
In addition to having 12 office locations, we make house calls. If you are injured and find it difficult to travel, we can come to you.
HIRE A FREEBURN LAW PA WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEY, WE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU
No matter what an insurance adjuster tries to make you believe, you must understand that insurance companies are not your friends. Their job is to try to minimize the amount of money they must pay out. They attempt to use all types of tactics to try to make you settle your case early before you know the full extent of your injuries.
Before signing any papers releasing an insurance company from any further liability, you should speak to someone at our firm.
If you have questions about what rights you have after an accident at work, you should speak to a PA Workers’ Compensation Attorney at Freeburn Law immediately. We have handled hundreds of Workers’ Compensation cases for people throughout Pennsylvania. We have helped people injured at work get answers to some of these questions:
- Who will pay my medical bills?
- Will I be compensated for my lost wages?
To get answers to these and other questions after being injured in an accident at work, schedule a free consultation with certified PA Workers’ Compensation Attorney from Freeburn Law today.
Freeburn LawYour PA Workers’ Compensation Attorney 2040 Linglestown Road, Suite 300 Harrisburg, PA 17101 Telephone Number: (717) 777-7777 or (570) 777-7777 Toll Free Number: 1-800-303-8005