Millions of Americans will be traveling this holiday weekend by various means of transportation to get to their destination. It has been estimated by AAA that 107.3 million Americans will be traveling by planes, trains and automobiles from Saturday December 23 through Monday January 1st; making this the highest travel period on record.
Freeburn Hamilton would like to remind everyone traveling this holiday weekend to stay safe with these travel tips:
- Avoid peak travel times – this year’s peak travel days are Saturday December 23rd and Monday January 1st.
- Travel early or late in the day – by traveling early or late in the day you can avoid hitting major traffic or experiencing delays.
- Allow yourself enough time to get to your destination – leave early in case there is a delay on the road that may cause you to be late to your destination. Leaving early will prevent you from rushing and making reckless decisions on the road.
- Do not drink and drive – whatever you decide to do this holiday weekend, don’t consume alcohol then get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. Even if you don’t think you’re drunk or intoxicated, your reaction time is considerably slower after ANY amount of alcohol consumption.
- Do not drive distracted – avoid cellphone use, fiddling with the radio, eating while driving, and getting distracted by other passengers in the vehicle.
- Keep provisions in the car – have water, a blanket, a full tank of gas, jumper cables, and maybe even snacks in your vehicle just in case you hit heavy traffic or if your vehicle breaks down.
Happy Holidays from Freeburn Hamilton!
If you or a loved one is injured in any type of car accident that was not your fault, call the caring, experienced car accident attorneys at Freeburn Hamilton for help at 717-777-7777. When you call, you’ll speak with one of our motor vehicle accident attorneys absolutely free.
Freeburn Hamilton, Just Call The 7’s – Because the Right Law Firm Makes a Real Difference.