In continued recognition of September as Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Month, Freeburn Hamilton highlights local and national resources that can provide support and assistance to those who have suffered a potentially life-altering Spinal Cord Injury (SCI).
- The website SpinalCord.com provides a nationwide repository of information relevant to victims of spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries. The site supplies resources on symptoms, causes, and recovery—as well as sections on legal options and medical treatments.
- Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
- The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation seeks to raise awareness of new treatments, advanced research, and the discovery of potential cures for spinal cord injury. They are dedicated to advancing quality of life for those who have suffered these injuries.
- United Spinal Association
- The nationwide, nonprofit United Spinal Association is a membership organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for those who currently live with the effects of a spinal cord injury. The association provides both educational resources and advocacy.
- UPMC Center for Spinal Cord Injury
- The Center for Spinal Cord Injury—part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center—helps accident victims function independently in all areas of daily living. The Rehabilitation Institute is one of only 14 U.S. programs designated as a spinal cord injury model system. Their coordinated treatment team works exclusively with spinal cord injury patients.
We Can Help
If you or a loved one has suffered a Spinal Cord Injury, call the experienced Pennsylvania spinal cord injury attorneys at Freeburn Hamilton for help at 717-777-7777.
When you call, you’ll speak with a leading Harrisburg serious injury lawyer for FREE. Freeburn Hamilton will fight hard to seek the justice and the compensation you deserve after an injury. Just call the 7’s for help at 717-777-7777 or 570-777-7777. There is no attorney’s fee due up front, and we only get paid after you do.