The knee is the largest joint in the human body, and one of the most easily injured. Knee injuries are among the most painful and disabling that people can suffer, and the impact of these injuries can last a lifetime.
In 2014, there were 104,090 workplace knee injuries reported in the United States by private industry and state and local government, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The median number of days off reported for workplace knee injuries in the United States in 2014 was 10.
The knee is a pivotal hinge joint, which allows you to flex and extend your leg, well as to slightly rotate your body. Because the knee supports nearly the whole weight of the body, it is vulnerable to both acute injury and osteoarthritis. Some common knee injuries are:
- A.C.L. (anterior cruciate ligament) damage
- M.C.L. (medial collateral ligament) damage
- P.C.L. (posterior cruciate ligament) damage
- Torn cartilage
Causes of Knee Injuries
A knee injury can be caused by a blow or twist of the knee, from improper landing after a jump, or from too much daily stress. After suffering a knee injury, no matter what the cause, you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible. A knee injury left untreated can become much worse. Among symptoms of a knee injury are:
- Mild to severe pain in the knee
- Clicking or popping in the knee
- Difficulty walking and/or running
- Limited motion of the joint
- Tenderness with pressure
- Pain while squatting
- Knee joint locking
Knee injuries are some of the most common in personal injury lawsuits and workers’ compensation claims. At the law offices of Freeburn Hamilton, we are committed to helping victims of knee injuries gain financial recovery, so that they may then focus on gaining a full physical recovery.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious knee injury, contact the PA Knee Injury Lawyer, Freeburn Hamilton today. Call us at the 7’s, (717) 777-7777 or (570) 777-7777 or complete the contact form on this page.
Why Should You Contact Freeburn Hamilton?
- If you’ve been hurt on the job or have been in an accident, you need to protect your rights by talking to a lawyer from Freeburn Hamilton right away.
- You need someone on your side. The insurance company adjuster is already working on your case, but he or she does not work for you. He or she works for the insurance company.
- Do not sign any form or document regarding your workplace knee injury, or even talk to an insurance company adjuster, before you talk to an experienced PA Knee Injury lawyer from Freeburn Hamilton.
- We won’t ask for money upfront. We won’t charge a fee unless we recover money for you.
Freeburn Hamilton has several offices throughout Central Pennsylvania to better serve our clients. We have offices in Harrisburg, York, Lewistown, Lancaster, Selinsgrove, Camp Hill, Huntingdon, Lebanon & Gettysburg. And, if you can’t come to us, we will come to your home, or meet you in the hospital. We are available 24/7 – evenings and/or weekends.
If you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you — WE MAKE HOUSE CALLS!