Experienced PA Police Officer Injury Lawyers
Police officers are exposed to many hazards that do not exist for other professions. An estimated 100,000 police officers are injured or become ill on the job in the United States each year, according to the RAND Corporation. The rate of on-the-job police officer injuries and illnesses is two to three times that of other professions in the United States.
Freeburn Hamilton, your PA police officer injury lawyer team, has been protecting the rights of injured police officers for decades. We have several offices throughout Central Pennsylvania to better serve our clients. We have offices in Harrisburg, York, Lewistown, Lancaster, Selinsgrove, Camp Hill, Huntingdon, Lebanon & Gettysburg. And, if you can’t come to us, we will come to your home, or meet you in the hospital. We are available 24/7 – evenings and/or weekends.
POLICE RELATED INJURIES
The leading causes of police officer injuries are vehicle accidents, falls, assaults, physical stress, overexertion, and exposure to fire and hazardous substances. Police are also at greater risk of contracting an infectious disease from being stuck by a hypodermic needle. A 2000 survey of San Diego police showed that 30 percent of officers on the force had experienced at least one needle-stick injury, according to the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.
The most common types of police officer injuries are cuts and bruises (40 percent), sprains and strains (37 percent), and fractures and dislocations (5 percent). Police are also susceptible to back and spinal cord injuries, gunshot wounds, traumatic brain injury, broken bones, severed limbs, disfigurement, depression, and wrongful death.
Police officer injuries often require time off from the job, taking a financial toll on the injured officer and on his or her family. Nearly half of all police officer injuries that require time off from the job are the result of assaults and vehicle accidents. Falls, physical stress and overexertion also typically lead to required time off from the job for police officers.
Police officers are also at increased risk of being killed while on the job. From 2000 to 2009 an average of 141 police officers died in the United States each year from injuries that occurred while on duty – excluding job-related illnesses and the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Roughly 15 in every 100,000 police officers die each year from on-the-job injuries. A police officer in the United States is four times more likely to die from an on-the-job injury than the average American worker in other professions.
- From 2003 through 2012 getting shot was the leading cause of a police officer being killed on the job, followed by automobile accidents, job-related illness, being struck by a vehicle, and motorcycle crashes.
Why Call PA Police Officer Injury Lawyer Freeburn Hamilton ?
The law firm of Freeburn Hamilton has represented numerous state and municipal police officers in injury cases involving death and serious personal injury. Freeburn Hamilton can provide references upon request.
Proving the police officer case can be complex and difficult. Insurance carriers start working to protect their interests the minute the injury is reported. They will spare no expense to minimize or defeat your claim. You need an experienced police officer injury lawyer who has represented and protected injured police officers.
If you are a police officer injured or made ill due to work, call the 7’s, (717) 777-7777 or (570) 777-7777 to schedule a free consultation with a police officer injury lawyer from Freeburn Hamilton today. Or complete the contact form on this page.
Besides the free call and consultation, at Freeburn Hamilton we won’t charge a fee unless we recover money for you.
Call Freeburn Hamilton Today
- Freeburn Hamilton has the experienced PA police officer injury lawyer team that you need to get the money you deserve.
- Freeburn Hamilton will deal with the insurance companies so that you can concentrate on getting better.
- Call now. Evidence fades, conditions change and witnesses disappear. Freeburn Hamilton will immediately assign a team of attorneys, paralegals and an in-house investigator to your case.
- Free consultation! The call is absolutely free.
- No Recovery, No Fee. You pay absolutely no fee unless we recover money for you!
- We make house calls! A lawyer from Freeburn Hamilton will come to your home or meet you in the hospital anywhere in Pennsylvania. We will also meet in the evenings or on weekends.
Freeburn HamiltonYour PA Police Officer Injury Lawyer2040 Linglestown Road, Suite 300Harrisburg, PA 17101 Telephone Number: (717) 777-7777 or (570) 777-7777Toll Free Number: 1-800-303-8005