Make Trick or Treat Safer
Each year, millions of kids take off from their homes dressed in costumes for one of the best nights of the year, Trick or Treat. Each year, the news the next morning is filled with articles about pedestrian accidents and other accidents that can be common when so many people are out and about. This year, we put together a list of tips for both those expecting trick or treaters and those heading out for trick or treat.
For the Trick or Treat-er
1) Fasten reflective tape to costumes and carry a flashlight to help drivers see you.
2) Use sidewalks as much as possible and always look both ways before crossing the street.
3) Wear well-fitting shoes and make sure your costumes are off the ground enough that they are not tripping hazards.
4) Pay attention to where you are walking. Do not cut across lawns and walk, don’t run.
For the Homeowner
1) Make sure your walkways, driveways, and lawns are free of debris and well lit.
2) Don’t use open flames that could ignite costumes.
3) Put away and secure your pets.
The staff at Freeburn & Law hopes you and your kids have a great trick or treat night. Click here for the dates and times for trick or treat in the following counties: Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry and York.
If you or a loved one is injured in an accident, call your Pennsylvania personal injury lawyer today. Freeburn & Law has many convenient locations across Central PA and our attorneys can make house calls to better serve our clients. Call the 7’s (717 or 570) 777-7777 or fill out the quick contact form on this page for a free consultation with one of the attorneys at Freeburn & Law.