Car Accidents are the #1 cause of death for teens which can be primarily attributed to inexperience on the road. In addition to inexperience, teens often drive distracted or do not wear a seatbelt which yields devastating results.
More specifically, 58% of teens involved in car crashes are distracted and 66% of teen passengers who die in a crash are not wearing a seatbelt, according to the National Safety Council (NSC). Freeburn Hamilton has seen firsthand heart-wrenching cases in which a fatality of a teen driver has occurred due to preventable acts. We would like to share with you some important and life-saving driving tips to discuss with your teenage children.
In honor of National Teen Driving Awareness month, Attorney Dick Freeburn went on Good Day PA where he shared safety tips regarding teen driving. If you missed the segment, you can watch it below.
This month serves as a reminder for parents to monitor and supervise their children’s driving behavior to ensure they are safe whenever they get behind the wheel. Some safety tips to discuss with your teens are:
- Always wear a seatbelt – this simple yet effective measure could be the difference between life and death. Before hitting the road, make sure you and your passengers all have seatbelts on.
- Avoid speeding – traveling at a high rate of speed lessens the amount of control you have of a vehicle and can lead to high impact crashes which often result in serious injury.
- Maintain a safe following distance – allowing space between you and the driver ahead of you gives you an opportunity to come to a complete stop, preventing a crash from occurring.
- Avoid distractions – avoid using your cellphone, eating, changing the radio station, and anything else that takes your focus off the task of driving.
- Don’t drink & drive – Never get behind the wheel after consuming alcohol, regardless of the amount. Just don’t do it.
- Don’t use your mobile device when driving – No matter what, save it for after you are done driving. Don’t check your texts, Snapchat, social media, or emails. Just don’t do it.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault, contact the leading Pennsylvania Car Accident Attorneys at Freeburn Hamilton for help at 717-777-7777. When you call, you will speak with one of our experienced Harrisburg Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers for FREE.
Our firm will fight hard to seek the justice you deserve. Just call the 7’s for help at 717-777-7777. There is no attorney’s fee due up front, and we only get paid after you do. Call one of the leading Central Pennsylvania car accident law firm’s for help. We’ll handle your entire insurance claim for you, so you can focus on your recovery.
Freeburn Hamilton, Just Call The 7’s – Because the Right Law Firm Makes A Real Difference.